Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What is the difference between a dwarf and a midget?

So yeah, the other day I was discussing things that disturb me in the world with a good friend. I could list a ton of things, but I won't. No I don't think I am better than the average person...I just think I am normal. The item I am discussing here mostly scares me in real life, and on a smaller level disturbs me to. Some people are scared of clowns, heights, taking showers...for me...it's midgets! And no, I don't know why.

But then I was challenged by my friend, as they thought maybe my absurd issue was perhaps a little non-PC. They said 'Are you sure it's midgets that scare you, and not dwarfs?'. Hmmm good point...but what is the difference I pondered?

According to the first wikianswer found in Google (yes I could have completed more thorough research...but why? This person probably already did...and since I am lazy, I will just assume that it is the truth) this is the difference between definitions:

A dwarf is a person of unusually small stature, especially one whose bodily proportions are abnormal.

A midget is specifically a person of unusually small size who is physically well-proportioned. Midget is sometimes used offensively to refer to a very small person.


Wow...I guess I`m scared of both really!!! If you think the above comments are mean...go ahead and take one of these here fuck off cards.

Like really, reality shows?



Do you think the kids laugh anytime their parents tell them to 'grow up'?

You want to tell me this scares none of you?



And no I'm not a hater, I'm just saying. Some people are scared of the dark, and sometimes I get scare of little people in this big world.

1 comment:

leesh said...

I know a girl (friend of a friend) who is also terrified of midgets. You are not alone (as Michael Jackson would sing).